Most Americans today are trying to do all they can to improve their smile. Here are seven preventative steps you can take to ensure a healthy mouth.
- Stop drinking carbonated beverages, fruit juice, and acidic foods. They cause harm to our teeth and can cause enamel to go away, increasing chance for cavities.
- An apple per day may keep the dentist away. Parents who monitor the eating habits of their children often are able to instruct children the proper way to order take care of their teeth as they get older.
- Bottled water is said to be an unlikely culprit of cavity comeback, but some research has shown that it is possible. When possible, it is always better to drink fluoridated water found in your tap or fridge.
- Brush and floss regularly to keep enamel off of your teeth so that cavities don’t have a chance to attach themselves to the teeth and form.
- Brush up at the office. Brushing in the morning and at night can be easy to remember, but what about after work?
- Brushing and flossing is the best way to fight plaque and tartar.
- Create a dental plan and save. Some insurances offer dental insurance plans that allow you to get the most money out of your child’s treatment.