It’s never too early to think about your oral health next year. If you haven’t done so already, it is important to think about ways to prevent tooth decay and protect your teeth from cavities and other similar oral ailments. If you have not already done so, speak with your dentist about a dental sealant treatment to help protect your teeth for many years to come.
– Children can have dental sealants attached when they as young as 6 years old or whenever their first molars are present.
– Dental sealants consist of a thin coating that is both durable and clear. Due to its clear construction, your dentist can still see if there’s any damage occurring underneath the sealants.
– Studies have shown that dental sealants can minimize a person’s risk for tooth decay by as much as 80%.
– Dental sealants are most useful for molars and premolars that need supplementary protection on their chewing surfaces. Dental sealants can thwart acids that would otherwise eat through your tooth enamel.
– A single dental sealant can lower a child’s risk for tooth decay by as much as 75%.
– Dental sealants can function for up 10 years before they need to be repaired or replaced.
For more dental sealants advice or to schedule an oral exam with Our team at our dentist office in Burnsville, Minnesota, please contact Heart of the City Dental at 952-890-2791. Dr. Tanya Peterson, Dr. Heidi Smith, and Dr. Noah Berge look forward to treating you!