You’ve curled your hair, put on your favorite dress, and applied a fresh coat of lipstick when your date knocks on the door. But wait! Your breath stinks! Save the date this Valentine’s Day by following these quick bad breath fixes.
- Quickly swish some mouthwash if you don’t have the time to brush your teeth. Mouthwash is only a temporary fix, but that is all you need when your date is at the door.
- Drink some water. Water and saliva clean away the food that stinks up your mouth. They also prevent the growth of odor-producing bacteria by getting rid of this food.
- Chew on some herbs to sweeten your breath. Some good choices include fennel, parsley, mint leaves, cloves, and anise seed.
- Eat some raw veggies while your roommate stalls your date. Foods like carrots, broccoli, apples, and celery add moisture to your mouth, loosen the food debris there, and prevent plaque bacteria buildup.
- Chewing gum and mints are some of the most popular bad breath fixes. We recommend the sugar-free versions because they are healthier for your teeth and won’t feed odor-producing bacteria.
These fixes are great for when you need fresh breath quickly, but remember that maintaining good oral hygiene, keeping a healthy diet, and regularly visiting the dentist can keep your breath fresh for longer. Call Heart Of The City Dental today to learn more.